httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Walls <k6...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Please: Reports from Apache 2.x users on Win 2000 Pro?
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 05:05:52 GMT
Martin Lomas wrote:
> I'd really appreciate it if users of Apache v2.x on Windows 2000 Pro could
> give me any brief reports of their experiences - good, bad or ugly.
> Stability okay? Communications smooth? Do you run PHP 4.3.x?

I have run Apache 2.x on two different Windows 2K computers.  The first
was a 100 MHz Pentium with 128MB of RAM running Win2KPro and Apache
2.0.40.  It was rock solid and NEVER gave me any trouble.  The current
one is a 400 MHz AMD K6/2 with 384MB of RAM and has had Apache 2.0.44
and now 2.0.48 with 2 virtual hosts.  It is also rock solid.  I have
never run PHP on either one and both are VERY quiet systems.

> Perhaps Win2k isn't the best choice, but I own a copy (no longer in use from
> a different system - I assume license is okay), and I am, after all,
> migrating away from bloody Win98SE! So sick of blue screens and what-not. I
> will at some point switch to Unix, but now is not the time for any learning
> curve on this particular server.

I have no real complaints.

> Ther server in question is an Athlon 800mHz w/512mb RAM.

If it's not a real busy system, that should be fine.

Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@amsat.org
Ofc:  818-548-4804
http://home.earthlink.net/~k6ccc