httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alex H." <o...@utj.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 on WinXP, serving mangled,corrupted pages and images
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2004 10:17:45 GMT
> Could the problem be hardware?  Most memory is the non-ECC
> variety these days and memory errors may cause your symptoms.
> If it is summer where you are and the room temperature has
> increased, you may have a heat related problem.
>
> Roger

The problem is too consistent and predictable to be a memory
error problem due to heat. It matched the previous poster's
problem EXACTLY. The page ALWAYS is corrupted in the same place.
Even after reboot it fails the same way in the same place. When
I edit the web page and reload it, the page is corrupted in a
different place depending on how many characters I added or
deleted from the page, but it is consistent and predictable just
as the previous poster had mentioned.

At first I thought it was my browser but it fails using both IE
and Netscape browsers.

Alex