httpd-users mailing list archives

From "bvr@xs4all.nl" <...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] very urgent!!!
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2004 13:29:54 GMT

*Instead* of ProxyPass, try something like this: (not tested)

	RewriteEngine on

	RewriteCond	%{REQUEST_URI}	!.jpg$
	RewriteCond	%{REQUEST_URI}	!.gif$
	RewriteRule	(.*)		http://<bea host ip or name, no trailing slash>$1 [PL]

This will tell apache to use mod_rewrite (RewriteEngine on). The rewrite
engine will allow you to proxy only certain request (ie. not the images).

The general way to proxy using mod_rewrite is by using RewriteRule with
the [P] flag. To specify which requests will be affected by the
(proxying-)rewriterule we use RewriteCond directives, right above the
RewriteRule.