httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paul K. Dickson" <pdick...@killians.homelinux.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy w/ OWA2000 as the backend target.
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2004 03:10:23 GMT
I can get the initial request from the linux+apache1.3.x server to
"/exchange" to pass information back from the exchange server, but at
that point, it seems to just redirect me to the exchange server, cutting
out apache as the middle man.  This is proven by putting a false entry
for my exchange server in my windows client's host file, to imitate the
setup of the exchange box being behind a firewall, and therefor directly
unavailable, at which point all requests to http://linuxappache/exchange
time out because it's just telling the browser to go strait to
http://owaserver/exchange.

Does that make sense?

I've tried both a mod_proxy configuration and mod rewrite both to no avail.

I'm using debian woody, current as of today with apache 1.3.?

Here is my relivent config for mod_proxy:
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPass /exchange http://nt1s21a.nt1.local/exchange
ProxyPass /public http://nt1s21a.nt1.local/public
ProxyPass /exchweb http://nt1s21a.nt1.local/exchweb
ProxyPassReverse /exchange http://nt1s21a.nt1.local/exchange
ProxyPassReverse /public http://nt1s21a.nt1.local/public
ProxyPassReverse /exchweb http://nt1s21a.nt1.local/exchweb

And for Rewrite:
RewriteEngine   On
RewriteLog      /var/log/apache/rewrite_log
RewriteLogLevel 1
RewriteRule ^/(.*)     http://nt1s21a.nt1.local/$1     [P]

Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Thanks,