httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris <listsch...@leftbrained.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] windows config
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 17:44:06 GMT
Barth (John) Jones wrote:

> Hello.  I've installed Apache2Triad on my XP Pro PC and I'm trying to
> figure out how to configure the httpd.config file.  I just need Apache
> to let me test programs from my PC (I don't really need to provide any
> services for web users at this point).
>
> For example, the second directive (ScoreBoardFile
> logs/apache_runtime_status) is behind a # sign.  Do I need this in my
> configuration or should I leave it as is?
>
> The file that the third directive (PidFile logs/http.pid) points to
> isn't even at that location.  Do I need to do something about it?
>
> I've never really configured anything except via a GUI, so I'm
> clueless of what to do.  I have a very basic understanding of
> programming.  Jargon usually confuses me.  Used moderately I can get
> through it if you don't mind my asking for clarification.
>
> Thanks!

I'm not familiar with Apache2Triad (Some packaged thing with PHP and
MySQL perhaps?).

httpd.conf *should* be perfectly fine the way it is. I've always run
without the Scoreboard file specified and the pid file does not exist
unless the server is running, so you shouldn't see it. Have you tried
running the server?

If you just want to understand the config file you should probably read
the documentation ( http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ ) thoroughly.

Chris