httpd-users mailing list archives

From oli...@veryhip.com
Subject [users@httpd] header_in/out: DBILogger.pm query string missing?
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 20:24:28 GMT
Top of the day to ya,

I need to know the header_in/out for the query string.  I
have tried writing a little data dumper to no avail.  I
can't figure it out on modperl.com or apache.org.

I use DBILogger.pm to log requests to SQL database.  It's
my own version I mod'd, and it works fine, but I don't
know how to get the query string in there.

I wrote a little piece in the DBILogger.pm that dumps the
$r object ($r->uri is the uri, i tried $r->uri-query and
$r->uri-string and those don't work either) into a file
for each request but it doesn't help.  I can't find the
way to access the query string.  So I believe maybe it's
in the header as something.  I can access
$r->header_out{'hdr'} where hdr is the name of the header
like 'Location' would be the Location header.  I looked at
Apache::Connection synopsis as well to see if there was a
way I could grab this data, but no help there.

Anybody have a good way to do this?  I love my
DBILogger.pm, and have made lots of reporting programs and
it's integrated in alot of how I track who does what, but
I need query strings.  If I can't do this, I'm going to do
a File::Tail perl program on a regular log file and put it
in the database, which might be a better solution anyways.

Thanks,
Oliver