httpd-users mailing list archives

From oli...@veryhip.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] getting SSL set up
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:01:26 GMT
Yeah, you'll need mod_ssl.  If your a newbie, I'd
recommend using Debian Linux and doing 'dselect' or
'apt-get' to get your packages all downloaded.  It will
even modify your httpd.conf file to make sure you have it
setup right, less any custom mods you need to do for your
specific domain, etc.

For instance, using 'apt-get install apache2' would
install apache2 binary and config files.  Same for
mod_perl etc, and it gets all your dependent stuff.

Below is a sample of my httpd.conf.  You'll need to make a
certificate too, the best docs are in the OpenSSL
package's docs, unless your paying for one.

Listen 443
SSLCertificateFile         /etc/apache/ssl.crt/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile      /etc/apache/ssl.key/server.key

<VirtualHost secure.domain.com:443>
SSLEngine on
other...
</VirtualHost>