httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Smith" <g...@primeexalia.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Upgrading from 1.3x to 2.x
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2004 14:47:07 GMT
We've run the configuration in development for some time and didn't seem
to have any problems with it.  This is really just a disclaimer.  As
there are no new features going into 1.3.x series and only bug fixes it
is bound to be the most stable.

Many have reported that the 2.0.x series is working well for them.  The
only difference for us right now is that we have some 1.3.x modules that
we need to have converted over to 2.0 before we do our upgrade.  It
seems that most peoples problems can be traced back to configuration
issues.

We bounce weather we will be upgrading to 2.0.x for our production
environment every other week now.  For us it will happen for our client
sites.  It's just a matter of time.

For me, I'm not really concerned about upgrading as 1.3.x seems to be
solid and fast for what we do.

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Cohen [mailto:bcohen@bpecreative.com]
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 6:41 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Upgrading from 1.3x to 2.x

Thanks to Gary and Patrick for their responses to my previous post.  The
questions truly are endless.  I was looking at the PHP documentation and
in a very prominent spot the doc says, "Do not use Apache 2.0 and PHP in
a production environment neither on Unix nor on Windows."

What the heck am I supposed to do with that??? ;-).  Is this really an
issue?  Does anyone have experience running Apache 2.x with PHP 4.3.x in
a production environment.  Have there been any problems, noteworthy or
otherwise?

--Bob