httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Smith" <g...@primeexalia.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] MaxClients
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 20:49:28 GMT
Not know the specifics of the type of processing on the site I would say that you should probably
consider either upgrading the Apache or think about load balancing.

Is this an HTML only server or are you running something like PHP/JSP/etc?

Gary

________________________________

From: Santaro, Paulo [mailto:paulo.santaro@eds.com]
Sent: Wed 6/23/2004 12:44 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] MaxClients

Hi Mark,

Yes, my site is a hard core volume site, we have about 5000 users connecting
at the same time, because it is an intranet employees web provider.
Could I make some changes in httpd.conf instead of recompiling my apache
server to resolve that problem?
I am asking you because recompilation of my webserver might not be a good
idea, we must keep running the service every time.

Do you have any more suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Paulo