httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Smith" <g...@primeexalia.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Two NIC's, One Server
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 15:54:30 GMT
First, bind Apache to the IP's that you are using.  Second, are you using virtual hosting or
are both NIC's serving the same site?  If they are vhosts then you will need to bind the vhost
to the IP for that NIC.  If the later, then you should just bind them to the external nic
and use that only.

Is there a particular reason for two NICs?

Gary

________________________________

From: Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. [mailto:jnagyjr@joseph-a-nagy-jr.homelinux.org]
Sent: Wed 6/2/2004 8:34 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Two NIC's, One Server

Okay, I want to use both my NIC's but when I do, Apache alternates which NIC
it listens to. The bad thing about this is that the router I'm using (a
Network Everywhere Cable/DSL Router by LinkSys) only forwards specific ports
to one IP.

In my Apache2 conf file I have the following set:

NameVirtualHost *

Now I want all my virtual hosts to be on the same IP with the appropriate
coming up as requested. What setting do I need to use/set?

If it helps I'm running Gentoo Linux

--
AIM: pres CTHULHU | ICQ: 18115568 | Yahoo: pagan_prince
Jabber: DarkKnightRadick@(jabber.org|amessage.at) | Libertarian @ Large