httpd-users mailing list archives

From ganesh gadi <ganeshi...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] What happend to apache webserve.what is this error?pls urgent
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 06:04:32 GMT

Hi list,

i installed Apache 2.0.49 on windows server 2000
Due to proxy running on Port :80,i changed  Apache webserver port as 82 in httpd.conf
But when i try to  sart sever,it gives the  following message on console.
Though service named "Apache2" is there.

[Thu Jul 01 11:31:59 2004] [error] (OS 2)The system cannot find the file specifi
ed.  : No installed service named "Apache2".
Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.  25...

Anybody can give me the solution. pls very urgent.
 Thanks
Ganesh

Alexander Stoll <technoworx@gmx.de> wrote:ganesh gadi schrieb:

> I found the following services:
>
> 192.168.0.16:80
> 192.168.0.16:80
>
> Can u tell me how can stop/delete this service.

grab "tcpview" from the sysinternals website

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/tcpview.shtml

and determine the service which listens on port 80...

> Or can't we configure Apache in another port.
thats fairly easy, change "Listen :80" in httpd.conf to a port that
suits your needs...
you can bind apache to a specific ip and use ip aliases (check the well
written Dokumentation), if the service already bound to port 80 can bind
to a specific ip is your task to check...

regards, AS