httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ray Anderson" <...@rb-com.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Deflate
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2004 20:46:25 GMT

> We have discussed this before in the dev-list.
> The common agreement was to turn off deflate for all PDF
> stuff. Or better,
> only compress a very few types.
>
> | AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml
>
> Depending on the version of IE, it trashes when you feed it a
> compressed
> CSS or JS file.
>
> André

André,

Thanks for the reply.

What a shame that all the browsers can't play nice.  I guess I'll follow the
recommendation and turn off gzip for anything other than plain text.  Sigh.
I was seeing significant bandwidth savings too!

-=Ray
Ray Anderson
Systems Development Manager
916.788.2444 (Office)
916.798.9439 (Mobile)
PRIDE Industries
rsa@prideindustries.com
http://www.prideindustries.com
Aggressiveness was fundamental to success in air-to-air combat and if you
ever caught a fighter pilot in a defensive mood you had him licked before
you started shooting.
Captain David McCampbell, USN, Leading U.S. Navy Ace, WWII, 34 Victories (9
on One Mission)