httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ray Anderson" <...@rb-com.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Deflate
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2004 19:12:20 GMT
I'm having a horrible time getting deflate to work with IE6 (big surprise,
thanks M$) for streaming pdf files, so I needed to turn off deflate for only
that particular script, and just for that browser, but I just can't get it
to work.  Testing with IE everything works as expected, all files are
compressed EXCEPT this particular script.  But FireFox is also returning a
non-compressed file.  Can someone please tell me where I pulled a bonehead
manuver?

Here's the relevant lines of my configuration:

   SetOutputFilter DEFLATE

   # SetEnv dont_compress_pdf false

     SetEnv is_ie       0
     SetEnv is_pdf      0
     SetEnv no_compress 0

     SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI pricelist.php is_pdf 1

     BrowserMatch \bMSIE is_ie 1

     SetEnvIf is_pdf 1 no_compress 1
     SetEnvIf is_ie  1 no_compress 1

     SetEnvIf is_ie  0 no_compress 0
     SetEnvIf is_pdf 0 no_compress 0

     SetEnvIf no_compress 1 no-gzip dont-vary

Thanks in advance,

-=Ray
Ray Anderson
Systems Development Manager
916.788.2444 (Office)
916.798.9439 (Mobile)
PRIDE Industries
rsa@prideindustries.com
http://www.prideindustries.com
Aggressiveness was fundamental to success in air-to-air combat and if you
ever caught a fighter pilot in a defensive mood you had him licked before
you started shooting.
Captain David McCampbell, USN, Leading U.S. Navy Ace, WWII, 34 Victories (9
on One Mission)