httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Krienke <krie...@uni-koblenz.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Q:Access control based on ip and/or user
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:26:39 GMT
Hello,

I am looking for a way to password protect some web pages served by apache 2.0
on a suse Linux 9.1 system  for certain users except for the case when a user
tries to access these pages from a particular host/net. If possible I would
like to put the config needed in a .htaccess file.

So if a user accesses the web pages from an address say 192.1698.1.1 access
should be granted without user authentification.  If the user tries to access
the web page from any other host he should have to authenticate himself in
the usual manner (AuthType Basic, require valid-user). So what I want is
something like this:

if( user_source_ip == 192.168.1.1 ) then
	grant access
else
	authenticate user,  require valid-user
fi

I know how to implement user authentification for certain users in .htaccess
but how can I grant any user access at the same time when he is coming from a
particular host or net?

Any ideas
Thanks very much
Rainer
Rainer Krienke, Universitaet Koblenz, Rechenzentrum, Raum A022
Universitaetsstrasse 1, 56070 Koblenz, Tel: +49 261287 -1312, Fax: -1001312
Mail: krienke@uni-koblenz.de, Web: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke
Get my public PGP key: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke/mypgp.html