httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Norton <...@oregonhanggliding.com>
Subject [users@httpd] virtual host - Document Root problem
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 05:20:32 GMT
Hello all:

I am running Apache 2.0.48 with the following section in /etc/apache2/conf/vhosts/vhosts.conf

<VirtualHost 66.80.68.86>
    ServerAdmin jrn@midvalleyhosting.com
    ServerAlias *webmail.oregonhanggliding.com
    DocumentRoot /var/www/localhost/htdocs/horde
    ServerName webmail.oregonhanggliding.com
</VirtualHost>

Of course webmail.oregonhanggliding.com is setup properly in my DNS zone file for oregonhanggliding.com.
Now when I browse to http://webmail.oregonhanggliding.com I get an error message page:

Not Found

The requested URL /horde/login.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.48 (Gentoo/Linux) mod_ssl/2.0.48 OpenSSL/0.9.7d PHP/4.3.6 Server at webmail.oregonhanggliding.com
Port 80

And when I grab a section of the error_log file I see the following:

[Sun Jun 13 22:17:10 2004] [error] [client 66.80.68.86] Negotiation: discovered file(s) matching
request: /var/www/localhost/htdocs/horde/horde (None could be negotiated).

Why is apache trying to serve up /var/www/localhost/htdocs/horde/horde? I specified /var/www/localhost/htdocs/horde

Of course the actual non-virtual URL of http://www.midvalleyhosting.com/horde works as expected.
I am simply trying to
make an 'alias' for a virtual hosted site to horde.

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone.

--
Jim Norton - http://www.jimnorton.org

"The art of listening is indispensable for the right use of the mind.
It is also the most gracious, the most open and the most generous of
human habits."
(Attributed to R. Barr, St. John's College, Annapolis, MD)