httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dmitry Smirnov" <...@omgc.ru>
Subject [users@httpd] [?] WebDAV (apache2-win32) + Windows XP behaves strangely.
Date Sat, 12 Jun 2004 05:49:59 GMT
Greetings.

  I'm trying to use Windows XP's (build 2600 sp1) web folders with Apache
2.0.49-win32. Configured the server according to instructions given out at
http://www.hss.caltech.edu/help/unix/admin/web/apache-webdav-xp ,
successfully mapped a drive letter to my WebDAV store.

 Then the weird stuff started: the files I'm uploading to the newly-mapped
WebDAV drive successfully appear in the folder assigned to WebDAV in
apache.conf, in their entirety and intact. But trying to download them back
(with a view in notepad, for instance) results in only the first 11-12 Kb.
of the file appearing, with all the rest of the content missing! Happens for
both binary and text files.

 Tried accessing the web folder without mapping a drive - same story.
Apache's logs state that the entire content-length of the file has been
sent, yet in the Temporary Internet Files I find only 12Kb pieces of my
files.

  Can anyone help me out with this, please? Maybe share an example config of
a working setup and version numbers? Thanks a lot, guys.

Best regards,

Dmitry Smirnov.