httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wesney B. Silva" <wes...@terra.com.br>
Subject RES: [users@httpd] Intranet Site
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:38:38 GMT
Hi Steve,

First you must have a way to translate the these names to the IP address of
your web server. It can be accoplished by installing a DNS server on Win2k
(if it is a Server), or by placing these names on the HOSTS file of each
client machine (I would not recomend it for anybody, even in small
enviroments).

After you can resolve these names to the IP address of your server, you can
setup in httpd config to use Virtual Hosts. In Apache documentation there
are useful examples in how doing this.

I hope to help

Wesney Bolzan Silva

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Steve Bennett [mailto:nettech@newbern-nc.org]
Enviada em: sexta-feira, 11 de junho de 2004 09:35
Para: Apache Listserve
Assunto: [users@httpd] Intranet Site

Hello All,

First excuse my ignorance.  I've only been playing with Apache for 2 weeks
now.  I have an internal website site that I am trying to set up in an
office enviroment.  These are all Win2K / XP machine.  The PC running
Apache2 is a Win2k machine.  Since there is no internal domain controller I
understand that I have to use the PC name to access the site (i.e. \\caesar)
.  My director Sturcture looks like this.

Apache is running in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache

My websites I am hosting in D:\www-production

Since I want to run multiple sites, a Test site and the another office
internal site.
D:\www-production\test
D:\www-production\internal

To access either I have to \\caesar\test or \\caesar\internal

How  can I change it to   \\test & \\internal

Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo E-mail Protegido Terra.
Scan engine: VirusScan / Atualizado em 09/06/2004 / Versão: 1.5.2 Proteja o
seu e-mail Terra: http://www.emailprotegido.terra.com.br/

E-mail classificado pelo Identificador de Spam Inteligente Terra.
Para alterar a categoria classificada, visite
http://www.terra.com.br/centralunificada/emailprotegido/imail/imail.cgi?+_u=
wesney&_l=1086957261.738337.2491.itajuba.terra.com.br