httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick <n...@finiteautomata.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Server-Status Questions
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:48:22 GMT
Hello, I am running Apache 2.0.49 and running the server-status module.  I don't fully understand
some of the stats.  I keep seeing a Child SRV's SS numbers (Seconds since beginning of most
recent request) reaching what I think is really high, then it releases them.  Below is a snapshot
of SRV4.  It had one request not doing anything for 2114 seconds.  Why isn't my KeepAliveTimeout
stopping these after it set 15 seconds or how come the TimeOut Value of 60 seconds is dropping
these?

4-0	-	0/0/1259	. 	0.00	2114	0	0.0	0.00	6.32 	XXX.XX.XXX.XX	www.XXXXX.com	GET /somedir/somefile
HTTP/1.0

When I run
# ps -ef|grep httpd|wc
I see an average of 8 Apache processes running but in /server-status I only see SRV's 0-5.

It isn't good to have so many requests hanging on out there is it, or I am completely misunderstanding
the stats?

Are these decent stats?  Is 32.3 requests/sec a good amount?

CPU Usage: u1.21 s.92 cu0 cs0 - .013% CPU load
32.3 requests/sec - 215.2 kB/second - 6.7 kB/request
105 requests currently being processed, 135 idle workers

Thanks,
Nick