httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <david_blomst...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] "C is not a recognized protocol"
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 01:51:51 GMT
OK, I want to start from square one, so you'll know
exactly where I'm "coming from." If it sounds like a
PHP question at first, just bear with me.

An error message I received in ZendStudio suggested
that my include links were a security risk and that I
switch to "constant" include links. After asking
around on several forums, I finally wound up with this
replacement:

<?php include
($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/includes/footer.php"); ?>

It works fine, but I'm having trouble applying it to
non-include links. For example, if I change this
link...

to this...

$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."world/index.php"?>">World</a>

then preview my page, I see this in the source code:

That looks pretty logical, but when I click the link,
I receive an error message that says "C is not a
registered protocol."

Does this mean there's something wrong with my virtual
host set up, or is this a PHP problem?

Thanks.