httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <david_blomst...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts - What am I doing wrong?
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 23:06:18 GMT
I thought I had successfully set up virtual hosts, but
it can't be right, because the php include links below
won't work without the extra path segment (../):

<?php
$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] .= '/freedomware';
include
($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/../includes/head.php");
?>
</head>
<?php include
($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/../includes/top.php"); ?>

The last line SHOULD read <?php include
($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/includes/top.php"); ?>,
right?

But I can't figure out what I did wrong. Let's start
with my set up. Below are all the relevant paths\

C:/xampp/apache/
C:/xampp/htdocs/
C:/sites/mysites

Below are the first few entries on my httpd conf file:

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
ServerAdmin admin@localhost
DocumentRoot "c:/sites"
ServerName localhost
ErrorLog logs/localhost_error.log
CustomLog logs/localhost_access.log common
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
ServerAdmin webmaster@1
DocumentRoot "c:/sites/1"
ServerName 1
ServerAlias *.1
ErrorLog logs/1-error.log
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "c:/sites/1/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "c:/sites/1">
Options All Includes Indexes
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
ServerAdmin webmaster@geobop
DocumentRoot "c:/sites/geobop"
ServerName geobop
ServerAlias *.geobop
ErrorLog logs/geobop-error.log
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "c:/sites/geobop/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "c:/sites/geobop">
Options All Includes Indexes
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

For some reason, c:/sites/1 doesn't work, but all my
other sites work. For example, I can preview
c:/sites/geobop at http://geobop/ But the include
links require that extra ../

It occurred to me that the first block of code might
not belong, so I deleted it...

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
ServerAdmin admin@localhost
DocumentRoot "c:/sites"
ServerName localhost
ErrorLog logs/localhost_error.log
CustomLog logs/localhost_access.log common
</VirtualHost>

Now, if I type in http://geobop/, http://freedomware/
or any other site, I get a different page; it appears
to be the index page in the folder sites.

So what am I doing wrong? I don't mind include links
with an extra ../. They appear to work both locally
and online. I'm just concerned that I'll eventually
run into trouble if they're incorrect.

Thanks.