httpd-users mailing list archives

From "James K." <jeric...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] content-length of 638451 is larger than configured limit of 524288
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 04:09:55 GMT
"content-length of 638451 is larger than configured
limit of 524288"

I found the above error message in the Apache logs
after receiving a Page Cannot Be Displayed Error in IE
6.0 during an attempted JPG file upload.  I would like
to raise the content-length limit to 2Mb.  However, I
cannot find any Apache 2.0 documentation that
illustrates how to raise the content-length limit.
The LimitRequestBody directive in the context of a
<VirtualHost> section seems to have no effect--the
same error appears.

Is this something I need to configure in Apache, or do
I need to specify some series of header/meta tags in
the HTML document that is accepting the file-content
for upload?  Nothing seems to work.

Now that I've spent over 2 hours searching through
miles of Apache directives, any help on the above
error message and a working sample would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you.