httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <david_blomst...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Turning Off Apache
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 03:02:33 GMT
--- Norman Peelman <npeelman@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> [...]

Hmmmm... I'm getting confused. I finally decided to
try the Window Task Manager. I opened the Processes
pane and killed Apache. At least, I thought I zapped
it. I modified my files, restarted my computer, and
everything works just fine.

> The correct way to shut down the Apache service is
> through the 'Start
> Menu'->'Administrative Tools'->'Services'. Highlight
> Apache and you can
> stop,start, and restart (auto stop,start) Apache
> from there.

I'm confused again. Are you talking about the start
menu where you access your software programs on
Windows? I scanned it and saw no mention of
Administrative Tools. I don't recall ever seeing
Apache listed in there.

And the weirdest thing of all...

I tried out the "constant" PHP link includes someone
encouraged me to use; they're the reason I decided to
set up virtual hosting in the first place.

$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] .= '/geobop';
include
($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/../includes/head.php");
?>
</head>
<?php include
($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/../include/top.php"); ?>

 They work, but only after I inserted an extra segment
- ../ - in front of include/head.php, include/top.php,
etc.

But the oddest thing is that it worked online, even
though I inadvertently published it with the wrong
value where it says "geobop." To test it, I published
it with a third value, and it works. But if I remove
it entirely, it doesn't work at all.

It would make more sense if I was drunk!