httpd-users mailing list archives

From AceZero2...@aol.com
Subject [users@httpd] Nobody else can access my server - Private IP?? help appreciated.
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:30:21 GMT
To Whom It May Concern:
    Recently I installed the Apache 1.3.31 server, in hopes of running my
website off of my PC. Everything was setting up wonderfully until I found that no
other computers could access my website. A friend who is doing this said it
was because I had a "private IP address" that I could use and nobody else can
access. Is this true? If so, how do I remove this privacy setting?

In general, does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Sincerely,
Andrew

PS: I have a firewall in place, but Port 80 (the HTTP port) is open, so I
don't think this is the problem.