httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Missing larger images
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:51:17 GMT
[plain text, people!]

Zoe Ballz wrote:
> Don't de-install it - Why not just turn your antivirus off for a few mins,

Because, if it is the AV or firewall that is causing subtle problems, it
won't help just turning it off. Do you think that Norton is actively
blocking files over HTTP of a certain size? Probably not, it is not the
firewall/AV rules that are acting up. If it is causing problems, it is
because its "filter" is buggy or is triggering bugs within Apache or
Windows. When you disable it, the "filter" is still there, it just doesn't
have any rules.

A note, on a few Windows boxes I have a software firewall (BlackICE) and AV
(Norton), and have had no problems like these. If I had, I would get rid of
them, as they are pretty useless; just a bit more convinient than
alternative methods.

Regards,
Robert Andersson