httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] windows config
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 14:31:30 GMT
Barth (John) Jones wrote:
> Thanks Chris.  I ran the server from Windows/DOS and it seems to run
> because I get a cursor/prompt without an error message.  But I can't use
> the prompt (is it supposed to be used?).

Ehm, no. Except parhaps to feed it a ^C (ctrl-C) when you want it to exit.

It is preferable to run Apache as a service. If you don't have it installed
as such, you can run "apache -k install". Then start/stop the service with
"net start/stop apache2" or through the service manager interface or through
Apache Service Monitor (if you have it installed, otherwise in Apache's bin/
directory).

> And when I type http://localhost/ or http://127.0.0.1/ in my browser
> (InetExpl.), it fails to direct me to the server.

What error message do you get?

Then, go look in Apache's access and error logs and see if you can find some
hints as to way it doesn' work. The logs are located in Apache's logs/
directory.

I recommend you go through the configuration file, and get a grasp of it. A
few things such as ServerName and Listen might need modification.

Regards,
Robert Andersson