httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] regexp in Locationmatch
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 22:22:22 GMT
RE: [users@httpd] regexp in LocationmatchCox, Charlie wrote:
> Can someone update the Apache Core Directives page to note
> that LocationMatch uses Perl regular expression as opposed to
> normal *nix regular expression?

I agree with this. A small note, Apache *2.0* uses PCRE, while I'm unsure
what Apache 1.3 uses.

The only place I can recall in the docs where PCRE is mentioned is in the
"New features in Apache 2.0" document, where it says:

    "Apache 2.0 includes the Perl Compatible Regular Expression
     Library (PCRE). All regular expression evaluation now uses
     the more powerful Perl 5 syntax."
    (http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/new_features_2_0.html)

Perhaps, the docs for each directive that accepts a regex parameter should
include at least one link to something like the above snippet.

Regards,
Robert Andersson