httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] authentication
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 22:43:29 GMT
Barth (John) Jones wrote:
> How do I automate new users to allow them access to .htaccess
> protected pages when they enter their user info (i.e., when they sign up
as'
> a user via a form)?

[I'm soory to admit I'm not sober   when writing this, sorry...]

Perl or PHP is a good choice; I'm using both for that exact purpose. Just
collect the username and password and then invoke htpasswd from the
language's system() function to do the actual adding of the user; that is
better than to try to manually add the user.

Deleting users is more tricky; I don't know a better way than to "manually"
filter the password file.

If you're not a coding guru, you might want to search for stufff doing this
(I'm sure there is plenty).

Regards,
Robert Andersson