httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] stack size limits for cgi programs
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 15:01:13 GMT
Matthew Greif wrote:
> I think it's a stack overflow problem because the program crashes right
> on the function call (not before, not after).

Is your function taking huge stack parameters or is it recursive? It seems
unlikely that a "normal" non-recursive function with a few int and pointer
parameters would overflow the stack, although the nature of the crash
indicates it.

If you are working with objects, it might be some copy constructor, which is
invoked when it is passed to the function, that freaks out. The environment
can be pretty different when running as CGI.

Anyhow, try finding out how much stack space your process/thread have, and
compare the shell and CGI cases. Again, I don't remember how to get that
info.

Regards,
Robert Andersson