httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] authentication
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 13:15:16 GMT
Barth (John) Jones wrote:
> To invoke the command in WindowsDOS I just type (at c:/apache2triad/bin>)
> htpasswd -c /password/passwords [filename].  I created the two
directories:
> pasword and passwords myself.

That does not make sense. The first argument (after -c) should be the
filename. It is hard to tell, please show the *EXACT* command line (I really
hope it didn't look like that). As the error said, the problem is that it
cannot create the file, probably beacuse the path is incorrect.

It is probably also wise to have include the drive letter in the path, eg:
"c:/password/passwords/file".

Regards,
Robert Andersson