httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 on WinXP, serving mangled,corrupted pages and images
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 11:35:24 GMT
Alex H wrote:
> > I'm having a problem with Apache2 on WinXP Pro. Many, but not
> > all, of the pages and images are being mangled somehow between
> > the source htdocs/ folder and the browser
>
> I am having the same problem and with exactly the same
> conditions you outlined in your original posting. I've tried the
> suggestion of using combinations of the directives
> "EnableSendfile Off" and
> "Win32DisableAcceptEx" with no joy.
>
> Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

This may be the "XP bug", which was mentioned on Apache's Win32 download
page, but I cannot find it explicitly anymore. Related stuff is here:
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/README.html
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q317949

I had this problem (socket sharing issue) before SP1 was around, which could
be fix by applying the hotfix then released. SP1 is supposed to fix the
problem, but I've heard people on this list for which the service pack did
not work, but the hotfix did.

Regards,
Robert Andersson