httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Burden" <...@burden.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Host ServerAlias Question
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2004 23:50:06 GMT
> > Wouldn't it be easier just to take out the DNS record for webmail? :)
>
> Would that work?

Uhhm...no.

> I use the webmail.example.com ( and other vhosts ) as an 'alias' that
points to my horde installation.
> Are you saying that I don't need the DNS record for webmail and just let
Apache serve out the vhost site?

I think you need to look at this:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/name-based.html

In particular:
 "The DocumentRoot from the main server will never be used when an IP
address matches the NameVirtualHost directive. If you would like to have a
special configuration for requests that do not match any particular virtual
host, simply put that configuration in a <VirtualHost> container and list it
first in the configuration file."