httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Server Load Issue
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 09:58:19 GMT
Stuart Haas wrote:
> This is what we get: (server status and a whole lot more...):
>
>  <snip>
> WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW_

This looks familiar to a problem I have had from time to time, but I have
not been able to reproduce it.

What seems to happen is that suddenly requests from a set of clients
"hangs", they just keep being in working state and no response is sent
(checked with a sniffer). If the same client makes other requests (including
to other vhosts) they will hang as well, but other clients can still fetch
them fine. After a while all goes back to normal.

I'm not 100% sure that this is triggered by increased load, but it leans
towards that. However, high load does not always cause this behavior.

I've been meaning to investigate this more, and see if I could determine the
cause, but I've had no time. I have only seen this on Windows, and had
thought it was a Windows issue :(

Regards,
Robert Andersson