httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Barth \(John\) Jones" <musicbyba...@alltel.net>
Subject [users@httpd] perl
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2004 00:30:44 GMT
I'm sorry for posting so many times.  It's my nature to ask lots of questions.

Everything works the way I want it to on my Apache server except for cgi when serving web
pages on WindowsXPPro.  When I test my perl program in DOS/Windows9x it doesn't return any
errors.  When I run my cgi in my browser here's what the browser returns:

Server error!
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Error message:
couldn't create child process: 720003: testcgi.pl

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 500
localhost
06/05/04 19:40:35
Apache/2.0.49 (Win32) PHP/4.3.6

And here's the script:

#!/perl/bin/perl.exe

   use CGI ':standard';

    print header();
    print start_html();

    for $i (param()) {
    }

    print end_html();

I've tried changing "perl.exe" in "#!/perl/bin/perl.exe" to just "perl", "perl5.8.3.exe",
& "perl5.8.3".  I keep getting the same error message in my browser (Internet Explorer
by the way).

There seems to be a configuration issue.  Do I have to configure perl?  I think everything's
set right in httpdconfig.  Does anyone have any info on this error?  Thanks!