httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Zoe Ballz" <...@zoeballz.tv>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] problem with distant vs. local acces with apache 2
Date Sat, 12 Jun 2004 00:42:37 GMT
Oops I just remembered - I actually set the servername to notavailable.com about a week ago,
yet it still works. All my point is that perhaps you are better setting it to something rather
than nothing.

Sorry for mix up !

Zoe

http://zoeballz.net - Website Hosting for the Transgendered Community
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Zoe Ballz
  To: users@httpd.apache.org ; xeon@xshellr8.com
  Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2004 1:35 AM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] problem with distant vs. local acces with apache 2

  Hi there

  I also have a server running with vhosts but the default server is set purely to serve requests
with no domain name. Although mine is 1.3.31 on win32 the principle is the same.

  You said you have:
  #ServerName localhost
  (commented out)

  Try it as:
  ServerName xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
  using your own IP address
  It should be your EXTERNAL IP address if you are running through a router - not the local
network IP address.

  To see it work (if you want a laff) and are not easily offended http://82.34.88.179 !!!!!!!!!!

  The virtual domains are hidden behind the page !!

  Another thought - on your network card - if you run though a router, have you got the gateway
set to the routers address? Wrong gateway settings lead to all sorts of interests effects!

  I say these comments as they are all problems I had when I 1st started.

  Good luck.