httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Burden" <...@burden.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Nobody else can access my server - Private IP?? help appreciated.
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:34:54 GMT
If by firewall, you mean a masq router or DSL router, then it certainly is
the problem. See if you can log into your router and set the apache box onto
the DMZ.

And/or route all incoming requests on port 80 to the private IP of your
apache box.

----- Original Message -----
From: AceZero2790@aol.com
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 11:30 AM
Subject: [users@httpd] Nobody else can access my server - Private IP?? help
appreciated.

To Whom It May Concern:
    Recently I installed the Apache 1.3.31 server, in hopes of running my
website off of my PC. Everything was setting up wonderfully until I found
that no other computers could access my website. A friend who is doing this
said it was because I had a "private IP address" that I could use and nobody
else can access. Is this true? If so, how do I remove this privacy setting?

In general, does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Sincerely,
Andrew

PS: I have a firewall in place, but Port 80 (the HTTP port) is open, so I
don't think this is the problem.