httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bob Cohen" <bco...@bpecreative.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Getting index.php to display on 2.0 Upgrade
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 15:12:03 GMT
> That is not very descriptive. Do you get an error page (if so
> what error), do you get the PHP page but unparsed?
>
> What are the corresponding log lines in access and error log?

Now why didn't I think of that?  I am sys admin by necessity and a web
designer by trade and bumble my way though these sorts of problems.
Let's see.  The access log says:

[18/Jun/2004:08:30:10 -0400] "GET /installation/index.php HTTP/1.1" 200
8078 "-" "Mozill
a/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Q312461)"

> Have you loaded the PHP module?

Yep there's a LoadModule directive in httpd.conf:

	LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so

I did notice that my 1.3.x httpd.conf had this:

	<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    		DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
	</IfModule>

which, if my memory serves me correctly, was what fixed this problem the
last time I upgraded php.  There doesn't seem to be an analogous
statement in the 2.x httpd.conf. Instead, the DirectoryIndex directive
exists all by itself.  Could it be that I need to add an
"AddOutputFilter" directive?

Is this more helpful?

Cheers & Thank you,

Bob