httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Greif" <m...@cyplex.net>
Subject [users@httpd] stack size limits for cgi programs
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 03:30:21 GMT
Hello,

I want to run a C++ cgi program on Apache (for Windows at the moment). The
program runs as expected until a certain function is called, at which point
it bombs. I am guessing that this is due to my exceeding the stack size
limit for a cgi program (the program runs fine from the command line). I did
some searching and found some stuff about a ThreadStackSize directive for
the winnt module. And so I tried adding it to my httpd.conf file:

<IfModule mpm_winnt.c>
ThreadsPerChild 250
MaxRequestsPerChild 0
ThreadStackSize 2000000
</IfModule>

but Apache wouldn't even start, so I know that's wrong. Any other advice??

Many thanks,

Matt