httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Zoe Ballz" <...@zoeballz.tv>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Robots.txt and virtualhost
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 23:31:52 GMT
Hiya

You are right - thats exactly the reason !!!!!!!!!

Zoe

http://zoeballz.net - Website Hosting for the Transgendered Community
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Thomas Gabrielsen
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 7:44 PM
  Subject: [users@httpd] Robots.txt and virtualhost

  Hi

  I have a question about Robots.txt files and virtualhost's. When I have one
  main directory and one (named) virtualhost. Both are sharing one ip. Should
  I add then something special in the robots.txt file that are placed in the
  main directory pointing the robots to the virtualhost directory? The reason
  I ask is that I get MANY requests for robots.txt in the main directory
  compared to the virtualhost. Now, the mainhost has been up for a long time
  compared to the virtualhost (which has been up for a week) so that could be
  the reason. I just wanted to ask you fine people to be sure :)

  Thanks,
  Thomas Gabrielsen