httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Todd" <t...@castaweb.com>
Subject [users@httpd] can I resolve vhost to ip + port
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:58:49 GMT
Just curious: Is there a way to browse a vhost using just the IP address
and perhaps a port? This must be a common issue. I'm redesigning a
website and plan to host it on a different system than where the site
currently lives. I've set up a vhost on the new system so I can start
putting together the new site, including all the pages, the database and
CMS I'll be using. Naturally, I can't change the DNS to point to this
new site until its ready to go live, but I'd like to be able to browse
the work in development.

The following example in the documentation looks potentially applicable
-- enough for me to give it a try -- but I'm not certain and thought
this may be a common issue for many. I couldn't pinpoint an answer in
the archives, so I apologize if it's a topic frequently covered.

<VirtualHost _default_:80>
DocumentRoot /www/default
</VirtualHost>

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Todd