httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael" <x...@xshellr8.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Strange copy of index.htm that is not in the DocumentRoot on Apache/1.3.27
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:59:59 GMT
This sounds like just a cache issue with the browser you might be using.

Usually it's just the browser that caches like this but, I could be wrong.

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Chad Jackson [LJNet Consultants] [mailto:chadj@ljnetconsultants.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 5:49 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Strange copy of index.htm that is not in the
DocumentRoot on Apache/1.3.27

Hello.

I have been running Apache on a Solaris 8 Server for over two years now and
have just found a problem that has me stumped. I am evaluating a web
publishing tool that allows me to post directly to the server, however the
index.htm page seemed to stay the same, if I call it directly.

If I use the url http://site.com the index.htm works and shows the correct
info as I have updated. But if I use http://site.com/index.htm the page is
about two days old with none of my latest changes visible. The strange thing
is that I have now deleted the site completely from the server's
DocumentRoot directory, and restarted apache, and have cleared the cache on
the local browser http://site.com/index.htm is still available even from a
browser on a separate system that has never been to that site before. I have
tried this from three systems with the same results the index.htm is still
available, and understandably the images do not load as the site has been
deleted.

Is there some configuration option that I am missing that caches the pages
even after the server is reloaded.

Regards
Chad