httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ryan Schefke" <ryansche...@triomfgroup.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Please Help With Cookies
Date Sun, 30 May 2004 16:11:43 GMT
Hi Jeff,

You seem very helpful so let me explain in detail.  Please let me know if I
can e-mail you my "poll.php" script.

Again, it works fine on one box and not on the other.  You can see the
version of Apache/MySQL/PHP from the files below.

Note, I REALLY want to avoid switching register_global to off since I have
100's of pages of php code written already with register_global on. All my
forms etc. use the short form of variables.  It would be brutal if I had to
redo everything. Again, it works find on the windows machine but not when I
transitioned my code to the linux box.

On working Windows Machine (cookies working):
1 - The below link contains the following code after script executed:
http://samserver.sytes.net:8080/tgwedding/themes/orangerose/poll.php

<?php
var_dump($_COOKIE);
echo phpinfo();
?>
http://samserver.sytes.net:8080/tgwedding/phpinfo.php

On Linux Machine (cookies not working):
1 - The below link contains the following code after script executed:
http://www.tgwedding.com/tgwedding/themes/orangerose/poll.php

<?php
var_dump($_COOKIE);
echo phpinfo();
?>
http://www.tgwedding.com/tgwedding/phpinfo.php

Now, what is really weird is that I can write a simple script and set/write
a cookie on the linux machine.  For example, this script,
http://www.tgwedding.com/tgwedding/phpinfo3.php

Contains the code:
<?php
setcookie ("test2_ck", "7"); //
setcookie ("test_ck", "10"); //
header ('Location: phpinfo2.php');
?>

And phpinfo2.php (where it's redirected) contains this code:
<?php
echo $test2_ck; //
echo $test_ck; //
?>

WHICH WORKS.

I'M TOTALLY CONFUSED, PLEASE HELP.  My application is worthless without this
fix.

Thanks a lot,
Ryan