httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gerard Isdell" <gerard.isd...@kinetic.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] 304 code returned for images
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 14:11:39 GMT
Hi there
We are running apache 1.3 on redhat 7.4

Some users of our website are complaining that they cannot set images on the
site.

I have checked the logs and noticed they are getting 304 status codes back
e.g.

80.41.236.203 - - [27/May/2004:21:20:24 +0000] "GET
/members/photos/Alexpic3.jpg HTTP/1.1" 304 - "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE
6.0; Windows 98; generic_01_01)"

I'm new to Apache so not too familiar with config changes.  I have asked him
to clear his browser cache to see if it will fix it for him. But is there
some changes I can make to the server to prevent other users from having
this problem.

Many Thanks

Gerard Isdell

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender immediately and do not use, store or disclose their contents.
Any views expressed are those of the individual sender and not of Kinetic
Information System Services Limited unless otherwise stated.

                           www.kinetic.co.uk