httpd-users mailing list archives

From "CUTMAN ~CW~" <cutma...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] C++ retrieving settings...
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 01:33:01 GMT
opening the httpd.conf file to get whatever data you need is not TOO much of
an issue.. -of course if those functions you listed will do it, then there's
"no need to reinvent the wheel"..

I'd put this question to the developers though.. - I know nothing of the
design and implementation here, and it might be that you can just direct
your attention toward the HTTPD process-space and be able to get the
variables from a live setting.  Or maybe something entirely different.

to gain access to a variable from one module into another module.. -you can
just #include the original module header into your new module(if there are
appropriate declarations and a header in the first place)... -or just
re-declare it in the new module you want it to be in, but use the 'extern'
keyword.  for example let's say you have various things in the mod_dav_fs.c
file like this:

int dop = 787;
const int cdop = 787;
char nom[] = "bob";

then in your new module's area you could have something like this:

extern int dop;
extern const int cdop;
extern char* nom;

it's really a situational thing as to whether you have this stuff in a
header file, or whether you are adding a header file to the existing module,
or whether the constants you mentioned are #define'd.. or many many other
things.

see if this does anything for you, and feel free to email me directly if you
want to get into anything not specifically Apache HTTPD

Scott