httpd-users mailing list archives

From "CUTMAN ~CW~" <cutma...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Bug Versions 1.3.28/29 Fixed In 1.3.31 Or Not?
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 16:07:44 GMT
Kira,

Are you looking for a solution to your problem?  It doesn't appear that you
are... oh, and many "perfectionists" don't.

-this is not the way to find it.

I'd work on this issue termed as a "bug" and then you won't have "your
issue" of a bad attitude so then the result(bad attitude) is fixed through
inadvertant methods(fixing the "bug").

I can't much appreciate this long list of posting in this thread, and if
fact I've yet to see anything like it.. -it doesn't seem useful at all to
me(though hopefully to many others it would).  It appears to me to be a long
list of rhetoric in which the only thing, in the end, that it really
revealed to me is that you are pissed off and venting about it... -and not
apparently doing anything to fix the onset of the situation.

Go ahead, respond to me, flame me, cuss me out.. -whatever.  I don't care..
-but you are wasting your time with it(and by the way this is all you'll
hear from me).  You want to have that attitude with Joshua yet there's
plenty of us that are not amused in the least bit because we clearly know
how helpful, respectful, and straight-forward Joshua is(as opposed to
deceitful, self-centered, blabbermouthy, and underhanded), but so far, in my
opinion, you have not been any of these things.....  so STFUB!

Are you needing a solution to logfile monitoring/manipulation, or one to
download the httpd source code and comment out the irrelevant sections?

I'm no use with logfile monitoring/manipulation, but I do know it should be
pretty easy to modify a few lines of code for now until you could do
something so perfectly.. turn a sprintf() into a strcpy(buf, ""), or comment
out a cout << statement.. -not sure there, but it can't be too hard..
either way, I do hope you find a solution for yourself because the bs can't
be getting you that far..

CUTMAN

ps. after you've fixed the big "bug", then let us know.. thanks. :)