httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Redirection Based on Authentication
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 14:43:15 GMT

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Elam Daly wrote:

> Joshua Slive wrote:
>> My suggestion would be to do a transparent (internal) redirect, like this:
>>
>> RewriteRule ^/login/?(.*) /login/%{LA-U:REMOTE_USER}/$1

> I set my logging to 9.  It seems that the REMOTE_USER variable is being
> passed correctly, but I end up in WebRootDir/login/ with a directory listing
> instead of WebRootDir/login/elam/index.html, which does exist. I'm confused
> by the logging.  Why does it keep insisting on serving README.html?

README.html/HEADER.html come from the ReadmeName and HeaderName directives
that determine the files to serve as part of the directory index.

The log excerpt that you showed didn't look anything like what you
described.  You must have left off the important part.  It looked simply
like a request for the /login/ directory.  Did you try the technique I
suggested above, where you link directly to /login/ rather than bothering
with /clients/?

Joshua.