httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Band Monitoring tool for apache
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 13:44:34 GMT

On Thu, 27 May 2004, Muhammad Rizwan Khan wrote:

> I have successfully calculated the total number of Bandwidth in bytes by
> parsing access_log file. Now how i can check that how much bandwidth was used
> for uploading and how much was used for downloading.

The common log format shows only the bytes sent.  And even this is not
necessarily accurate, since it really shows only the bytes apache
*intended* to send, rather than the bytes actually put on the wire towards
the client.

A somewhat more accurate result, including both bytes sent and received,
can be obtained using mod_logio:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_logio.html

Joshua.