httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Restart w/ SSL?
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 17:20:12 GMT

On Fri, 21 May 2004 cnelson@nycap.rr.com wrote:

> Looking at apachectl, I see:

> But what if I want to restart w/ SSL?  Do I really have to check to see
> if it's running and either do startssl or restart as appropriate.  That
> kind of defeats the purpose of restart being smart enough to not start
> it.

The whole "startssl" thing is silly.  Just edit your config files to
remove the <IfDefine SSL> stuff so that ssl will *always* be started.
(Or alternatively, edit the HTTPD definition at the top of apachectl so
that it always passes -DSSL.) Then use normal start/restart/graceful.

> While I'm writing, what's "graceful" about "graceful"?

See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/stopping.html#graceful

Joshua.