httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache -> disable MS DAV
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 11:58:07 GMT

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Koen Vingerhoets wrote:

> Hi Joshua,
>
> well... when we turned on the debugging on our application, we received in
> two weeks time more then 1000 mails with errors.
> More then 700 were with the error shown here.  My boss wants it out... we do
> care because not everyone generates this error (weird enough).
> It fills our mail boxes, and more important, our logs.
>
> It's an IBM HTTP Server, basically a "raped" (excusez le mot) Apache with a
> plugin to run WebSphere.
> If I can catch this on the Apache, then the request won't make it to the
> WebSphere, thus no errors in our logs.
>
> Is there a way to do so?

1. You *really* shouldn't be getting emails every time someone sends a
request with an unknown method.  That is nuts.

2. How to prevent these requests from getting to Websphere depends on how
websphere is configured to interact with apache.  You haven't provided any
details of this.

3. You can try something like this:
<Location />
SetEnvIf User-Agent "Microsoft Data Access Internet Publishing" msdav
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from all
Deny from env=msdav
</Location>