httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3 vs 2.0
Date Thu, 20 May 2004 02:16:28 GMT

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Esteban Pizzini wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anybody know where can I obtain stats information about how many servers are
> running Apache 2.0 and Apache 1.3?? In www.netcraft.com there are surveys
> that compare Apache with other server but I didnĀ“t find that they make
> difference between servers running Apache 2.0 and 1.3.
> Is there any kind of survey or some statistical information about this????

Try:
http://www.securityspace.com/s_survey/data/200404/servers.html

It shows that 2.0 has between 5 and 10% of the total market, depending on
how you consider people who disguise their Server header.  That leaves 1.3
with 60-65%.

The 2.0 penetration is small in relation to 1.3, but still quite
significant given the raw numbers and indicates that many new sites are
choosing 2.0.  Of course, a significant amount of the 2.0 penetration
comes simply from default installs of Redhat.

Joshua.