httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Bug Versions 1.3.28/29 Fixed In 1.3.31 Or Not?
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 18:14:50 GMT

On Mon, 17 May 2004, Tim Thorburn wrote:
> Ok, impartial observer here ... I'm on this list because I'm a web designer
> who uses Apache for hosting and local testing, not a sysadmin or someone
> who makes their living off of the goodness that is Apache.  So far, I'm
> seeing someone present a problem that she feels is a problem, and then be
> ignored or ridiculed for thinking this is a problem.

What you perhaps don't realize is that this person has made exactly the
same claims in several different forums.  Each time, someone has described
to her/him in detail why these claims are incorrect.  But she/he doesn't
seem to understand or accept the explanations and keeps making these false
claims.

Personally, I have not attempted to ridicule Kira.  I made one comment
where I pointed out the continued use of overgeneralizations from limited
experience.  Other than that, I have simply stated facts.

In general, people (including myself) are sometimes rude on technical
mailing lists, and this is something we should try to avoid.  But much
more often what happens is that people who don't understand the tone of a
technical mailing list will interpret a curt, factual response as a rude
response, when no such thing was intended.  You need to be very careful
reading tone into email.

Joshua.